Friday 1 July 2016

Is ‘routine’ are real thing?

Routine….now that’s a word I have come to love throughout my life. I love a good schedule. A good list. And knowing what’s to come. While this usually is a good thing, in certain situations it can become a hindrance. I get frazzled easily and become inflexible. I get frustrated when things don’t go my way. I basically become a 2 year old that missed nap time :) But most of the time you will find me most comfortable and happy flowing through some sort of routine.

And that’s exactly why the last few months have been a bit tricky for me! There have been some major changes thrown our way and a change in routine. Between Kyle’s illness that kept him in the hospital (and cut into our time in San Nicolas), lots of visitors and a visit to the US, it’s been a crazy few months. No routine to be found here! Thus….no blog post to be found, either! :) I hope the next few blow posts will give you an idea of these “non-routine” things that have been going on for us the past few weeks! While some events were frustrating, others were exciting! So I hope to convey the range of emotions that we’ve been feeling the past few months.

Overall, though, our recent feelings about being here in Nicaragua have been completely positive. We really feel like we are hitting our stride with Spanish. And when we are out of “routine” of our day-to-day we miss the people we work with, our community and our house in San Nicolas. It really has become home for us. And that’s a good thing!

So…be on the look out for new blog posts coming soon! And a few pictures along the way.

DSC02966

No comments:

Post a Comment