Tuesday 26 April 2016

Every Monday...

Every Monday and Tuesday I have the privilege to help out in a multi-grade classroom. The students are grades 4th-6th and I really enjoy working with them and their wonderful teacher, Maria! Each Monday we trek to the water pila to collect water for the school. To drink. To water the plants. To clean. It's a pretty normal procedure now,  but when I first started working here it made me really consider what this would look like in the states. Students in the states don't walk a quarter mile to fetch water.  Or a mile or more to get to school.  Things are so different here. Yet we are all working towards the same goal. Educating our kiddos for their future and for ours. It's pretty incredible the barriers that I find here within the education system. Yet there are so many hard working teachers and students who continue to overcome and rock it everyday.

Here are some photos from our water fetching adventures. And a few of the sweet students I get to work with ♡

The coolest teacher around, Maria!
This a student who really struggles in Math and Spanish. I work with him one-on-one almost everyday. We work on handwriting, reading and basic math concepts. Here we were working outside to get a break from the noise level in the classroom.
Group/classroom work. While Maria is teaching a lesson to one grade level, I am usually working with another group on a worksheet or other activities. In my best Spanish, of course :)


Aren't they the sweetest?? A definite highlight of my week is seeing these lovely faces in the mornings and hearing them yell "GOOD MORNING!" in their best English accent :)

Much Love,
Alli

1 comment:

  1. What a great way to start your week, hanging out with those sweet kids!

    ReplyDelete