Wednesday 21 September 2016

To Be Honest…

I am not so young and hip anymore, this becomes blatantly obvious to me whenever I  need to google what a certain hashtag means that I come across on social media. One of hashtag I had to google over the last year was #tbh. It means “To Be Honest”…So in honor of this new-found hashtag I am going TO BE HONEST about a few things going on recently.

#TBH I haven’t blogged for a long time because life feels so normal and routine here in San Nicolas. I feel like there is nothing new or exciting to write about. But I will try harder!

#TBH We visited the states this month for a friends wedding. And while it was wonderful and super fun, we also felt really happy to be coming back to Nicaragua, our current home. That’s a good thing!
 
#TBH Since being back from the states I have taken a lot of long naps. Turns out the lifestyle in the states exhausted me. It really is so different.

#TBH English is way easier than Spanish :)

#TBH We ate so much delicious food in the states! #Wendys #Homecooking #Venturis #BoogieBurger #ElCamino #BuffaloWildWings #Olympia #VillageInn #TheSpring

#TBH We have amazing parents that hosts us with so much love when we are home. (And the best food!)

#TBH I can’t believe we only have 1 year left here in Nicaragua. I know this second year will go even faster than the first year.

#TBH Teaching English is hard! Getting students to come to class is hard.

#TBH I really dread the fight for seats on the bus to and from Esteli. It gives me anxiety.

#TBH We live in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. With the BEST weather. I know we will miss this.

#TBH Doing laundry by hand is actually kind of fun.

#TBH We live a pretty calm life here. I always think back to the quote “It’s okay to be happy with a calm life”. I hope I carry that back with me to our life in the states.

#TBH I am ready for election season to be over (in the states and here in Nicaragua….election day is November 6th here!)

#TBH I am sad that my workout class attendance is declining. BUT hope to continue!

#TBH I am currently loving podcasts! #radiolab #fidningmastery #CYG

#TBH I am sad to see one of our closest friends in town move away next month.

I think that’s all I have TBH about right now :) I have another blog in the works about our Nica-versary. 1 year in Nicaragua. So look for that soon.

#TBH I’m out!

Love :)

No comments:

Post a Comment